January 20, 2019
What to compost?
Worms enjoy a varied diet eating any decaying organic matter.
- Any raw vegetables, with the exception of onions, shallots, leeks and garlic, preferably used in small quantities or cooked first
- Any cooked vegetables
- All fruits, with the exception of citrus peel, which should be reduced or cooked best before adding
- Tea bags, egg shells, coffee grounds and small amounts of bread
- Limited quantities of newspapers, shredded office paper and cardboard, but not shiny magazines
- Small amounts of garden waste, such as annual weeds, leaves and other soft green material
Post photo by crabchick