Worm migrate upwards in search of fresh food which is placed in top. Liquid and finished compost can be extracted at bottom. This bin has wheels, and can be moved around.
The Hungry Bin is a unique design. It creates an ideal living environment for compost worms.
The worms convert organic waste into worm castings and a nutrient-rich liquid, which are both high-quality fertilisers. The liquid drains freely from the bin and into a tray placed below it. The tapered shape of the bin compresses the castings, encouraging the worms to move to the surface layer to access fresh food. Compressed castings are easier to handle and largely free of worms. It is a simple process to collect both the castings and liquid produced by the hungry bin.
- Secure catch prevents the lid opening in the wind.
- Large handle at a convenient height.
- Tight-fitting lid seals against insects.
- Strong and secure tabs attach the upper body to the lower body.
- A large filter in the bottom of the floor ensures the drain hole does not get blocked. It is removable for easy cleaning.
- Strong and sturdy Zinc-plated legs.
- Durable large diameter wheels.
- Easy-pouring drip tray collects the liquid fertiliser.
- Weight: Empty 12kg, Operational 95kg
Note: this product is supplied without worms or bedding. Please contact us if you need these items supplied.